10 Tips To Avoid Work At Home Mom Burnout
By Nell Taliercio
Working from home is a great way to stay home with your kids while still supplementing the familyís income. On the flipside, it can be challenging to be mother and employee at the same time. Your stress level will rise quickly when you have deadlines to keep or phone calls to make while your little ones are acting out. Implement a few of the ideas below to prevent Work at Home Mom Burnout.
1. Donít work more than you have to. Money isnít everything. You family needs a happy and sane mom.
2. Create a schedule or to-do list both for work and your personal life. Just realize that you wonít always get everything done and donít worry if you donít. Thereís always tomorrow.
3. Designate an errand day. Spend one day a week running around town getting everything done for the week. This is when you will grocery shop, drop things off at the drycleaner, go to the post office and anything else you need to do.
4. Enjoy your kids. Take some time to play with them every day. Have a picnic lunch in the yard, take them on a little field trip or just play catch for a while. Youíre a work at home mom because you want to spend time with your kids. Work and house chores can wait while you play.
5. Go out on a date with your spouse. Make date night a regular occurrence and connect with your lover.
6. Have lunch with a girlfriend. We need some adult conversation every now and then. Make time to stay in touch with your friends.
7. Call a friend. If you are having a bad day, call a good friend and just talk for a little while. Youíll be relaxed and rejuvenated when you get back.
8. Get some exercise. Go for a walk, join a gym, or try a Pilateís class. Exercise will not only keep you in shape, itís also a great de-stressor.
9. Play some upbeat music and dance around the living room. Who cares if your kids and the neighbors think youíve lost it? You are having fun and are releasing all that build up physical energy.
10. If you own a business, stick to one until it more or less runs itself. Donít burn yourself out by trying to run several businesses at the same time.
Start implementing a few of these ideas today and watch your stress level go down. You will prevent work at home mom burnout and get to enjoy life more. Your family will appreciate spending time with a fun and relaxed mom. Thatís what itís all about Ė spending quality time with your family
About the Author: Nell Taliercio is the owner and founder of http://www.TelecommutingMoms.com Ė which is a leading resource website with work at home jobs and everything a telecommuting mom would need. Come visit us today!