10 Tips To Deal With Stress
By Kathy Thompson
Too much pressure, too much to do, to little time? Are the walls
closing in on you?
Your deadline is coming up and you haven't got any ideas. Your
spouse smashed the car. The in-laws are coming for a week.
You're trying to close a big sale over the internet, and your
Stress is constantly with us. What happens to you when you're
under a lot of stress? Your heart races, your breathing gets
faster, your blood circulation and metabolism speeds up. Your
muscles tense, getting you ready to fight or flee. But you don't
do either. And it builds up.
When nothing is done about it, too much stress will lead to;
nervous disorders, headaches, hypertension, heart problems,
How can you tell if you're under too much pressure? It is
different for each individual. Headaches may be a sign,
insomnia, restless, digestive problems, irritable bowel syndrome,
constipation and diarrhea, abdominal pain.
If you look someone straight in the eyes and see white under
either iris or both, that person is under too much stress.
Here are some tips to help you deal with stress.
1) At work, delegate tasks to others. Trust others to get it done.
2) Prioritize tasks. Do what must be done now.
3) Take a break. (Stay away from caffeine & nicotine)
4) Go for a walk or talk to someone.
5) Record your thoughts, or write them down.
7) Enjoy yourself with fun activities.
8) Do something totally different, unexpected.
9) Take deep Breathes!!!
10) Get a good laugh.
If stress is not relieved it can be very dangerous to your health
and can explode into violent behavior.