How To Organize Your Kitchen
By David Riewe
You may think that it is an easy task to organize a kitchen. You
may realize that it can also be difficult to do tasks in the kitchen if it is
not organized. You must set steps and routines for you to follow and have an
easy time working in your kitchen.
Here are some pointers that you may use in organizing your kitchen:
1. You must keep your kitchen clean for you to work conveniently and free
from any time consuming activities before you cook. Discard any items that you
will not use and place them in a place where you can locate them easier when the
time comes that you will need their use.
2. If there are medicines, spices, or food that have already met their
expiration, you can put them in the trash or discard those things immediately.
3. Store cooking utensils, pots, and pans in an area near to where the stove
is placed. You can congest the cooking materials for you to have more space in
4. If there are large materials and cooking utensils that are seldom used in
the kitchen, you may want to remove them and place them in a cupboard. There are
even appliances that are not used in your everyday cooking. You may consider
adding to your kitchen an appliance barn. This can store your juicers, toasters,
blenders, and other appliances on the countertop with order and arrangement.
5. Place the silverwares and dishes close to your dining area. It can be
accessible for you to get these items when you are about to eat. You may need
silverware holders and racks to have more space.
6. You have to be aware of the materials or tools that are reachable by your
children such as knives, cleaning chemicals, and alcohol. Keep them in high
places where they cannot be reached.
7. You may use a bulletin board or the refrigerator to stick or hang
reminders and schedules. These can help you to have an enjoyable and organized
time in the kitchen. Designate spots for your mail and bills and check them out
8. Always keep you refrigerator clean and neat both inside and outside. If
you see mystery foods, discard them at once. Sometimes there are unknown items
that are placed in the refrigerator.
9. If you are through with the kitchen, you must check everything before you
leave the kitchen. Do not forget to turn off the lights and the ceiling fan and
everything that you used with electricity. The key to an organized kitchen is