How You're Like a Pencil
By Steve Goodier
Did you know that you are like a pencil? Here's how:
1. Like a pencil, you can correct your mistakes. You can't
change the past, but you can rectify it. And though you
can't erase history, you can erase guilt and anger with
2. Like a pencil, painful sharpening can serve to make you
better. Your difficult times can actually sharpen your
skills or shape you into the person you were meant to be.
3. Like a pencil, you can do great things when you allow
yourself to be held in Someone's hand.
4. Like a pencil, you can leave your mark whenever possible.
That is what you're here for -- to leave your mark. It may
be in small ways, it may be in the lives of people you have
touched or nurtured, but you must leave something good
behind whenever you can.
5. Like a pencil, it is what is on the inside that matters.
Whether it is understanding or intolerance, love or
bitterness, peace or unrest, kindness or self-centeredness,
hope or despair, courage or fear, what is on the inside
Next time you use a pencil, pause and think about that little writing
tool. It teaches some great lessons about living.
Publisher@LifeSupportSystem.com is a professional
speaker, consultant and author of numerous books. Visit his site for
more information, or to sign up for his FREE newsletter of Life, Love
and Laughter at http://LifeSupportSystem.com.