Top Ten Reasons to Go to College
By Edward Henderson
Going to college or one is one of the big decision in a personís life. The high cost of getting a college education can make it a daunting prospect, but with lots of financial aid available in the form of loans or grants it is often not impossible. Here are the top ten reasons to go to college.
1. It is the best investment anyone can make. Most graduates get a huge return on the cost of college during their life. Also, the value of a college degree never decreases so you will always have it to fall back onto when looking for a job.
2. College graduates are generally more rounded people because of the experience they gain. Nothing beats the college experience for developing social skills that will be useful wherever you go and whoever you meet.
3. The chance to meet and network with people who share the same interests. This should not be underestimated. Building contacts can help greatly in the future when youíre looking to get a job, as well as providing a stepping stone into different industries.
4. College helps a student to become an expert in their field. This allows them to contribute to their subjectís future in a meaningful way while learning about the subject they love and enjoy.
5. The social skills picked up at college are used throughout the studentís life. Being able to meet new people is one skill that will be useful no matter which field of work you go into.
6. College helps to make students more aware of the country they live in and gives them a sense of what is right and wrong. College graduates tend to be a lot more willing to stand up for what they believe in because of this.
7. The chance to meet and make friends for life. Again, this should not be underestimated. To be happy we all need good friends around us and college is a great place to find some. This is because lots of the people you meet will be motivated and share the same interests as yourself.
8. A college education is one commodity that will only ever increase in value. No matter how many years go by, your college education will always be of value across the globe.
9. A college education opens up many doors in the workplace that otherwise would have been unavailable. This is especially true today when more and more people are going on to higher education.
10. Going to college is investing in a studentís own future. When you go to college you are giving yourself the best possible chance to succeed.
There are plenty more reasons for going to college, these are just a start. Some are financial, some social and some personal. Going to college is for many people the best decision they will ever make. These top ten reasons to go to college are just some of the things potential students should take into consideration when deciding whether to go to college or not.
About the Author: Are you having trouble deciding on to go to college? Do you need more information? If you want to know more about college, please read about the importance of college education. ImportanceOfCollege.com