Potpourri Christmas Tree Ornaments
By Jill Black
Artificial trees somehow don't
always take the place of a real Christmas tree and if you are like me Christmas
just is not the same without the smell of fresh pine filling the air as it
gently wafts through the house.
One solution is to make ornaments to hang on the tree filled with Pine Scented
potpourri or homemade potpourri sprinkled with Pine Essential oil to give your
artificial tree a more welcoming and homely appeal for your family and guests.
Clear Glass ball ornaments with
Potpourri of your choice - A
blend containing red, white and green in line with the traditional colors of
Christmas are a popular choice.
Small lengths of edging lace
Floral wire - thin
Ribbon for bow and hanging -
Satin or velvet.
Hot Glue Gun or quick set glue
Small artificial or dried
Flowers - one for each ornament.
1. Remove the metal top and hook from the ornaments.
2. Fill each ball about one third full with potpourri.
Note: Add more Pine Essential oil to the mixture if you feel the scent of your
store bought potpourri is not strong enough
3. Attach hook back to top with a drop of glue - using glue gun or quick set
4. Thread a piece of thin floral wire through each piece of lace gathering the
lace onto the wire as you thread it.
5. Attach lace with a drop of glue to the top of the glass ornaments.
6. Make a small ribbon bow and ribbon hanger and attach to the top of each
ornament with glue.
7. Glue a small artificial or dried flower to cover the center where the bow and
8. Your potpourri Christmas ornaments are now ready for hanging on the tree.
Copyright © J Black. For more articles and ideas for the home and Garden visit