Mosaic Tile Counter Tops
By Marilyn Whelan
I’d like to share with you an easy way to turn a very old laminated
counter top on a bathroom vanity into a work of art. This is so easy and
so practical and provides such “wow” impact for the small cost.
Mosaic tile is the latest now in luxury homes. It is always seen as
upscale. I ordered my hand painted tiles on EBay from a tile shop which
offered lots of advice. My family motto has always been “fools rush in
where angels fear to tread”. I had them send the special glue.
1. Clean the vanity top well with alcohol.
2. Working with a small area at a time, lay your tiles in a pattern
appealing to you.
3. Put the glue on a small area as you work. Lay the tile and move it
back and forth a bit for coverage.
4. When the last tile is glued into place, wait 24 hours. Then mix a
small amount of sanded grout and using your fingers
(works much better
than the tool ), push the grout into all the spaces.
5. Wait until the grout is dry enough you can indent it with your nail
and then wipe off the tile.
6. When the last grout is placed, look for two days for spots you might
7. After 48 hours, wipe off ht tile once more and spray with a tile
sealer. I used three coats as my grout is white.
8. Stand by for complements.
I am a widow, a senior citizen and if I can do it, anyone can. This is
an exciting way to add pizzazz to your bathroom.