Time- and Money-Saving Kitchen Cleaning Tips
By Monica Resinger
are ten money and time saving tips to help you in your kitchen.
1. Use those leftover slivers of soap to cut expenses! Cut a small pocket in a
sponge and place small slivers of leftover soap into it for a sudsy washing
2. Hold a scouring pad underneath a sponge when scrubbing. This will give you a
better grip and protect your hands.
3. Save time on the dinner dishes. Before serving dinner, run a sink full of
very hot soapy water. When everyone is finished eating dinner, tell them to wash
and rinse their own plate.
4. Use a paint scraper or putty knife to remove baked on or cemented goo from
stovetops, countertops or floors.
5. Use a toothbrush to scrub hard to reach surfaces such as behind and on
6. Baking soda makes an excellent scouring powder.
7. By keeping a spoon rest on the stove, you'll avoid a lot of messy clean-ups.
8. Place sticky (honey, syrup, molasses and oil) containers on plastic lids in
the cupboard or fridge to avoid sticky messes.
9. To get odors out of plastic containers, place crumpled newspaper inside the
container and seal it overnight.
10. Keep a fillable wand near the kitchen sink and when you have a few spare
minutes, wash a few dishes with the wand. This may help you cut down on doing
full loads of dishes.
For more kitchen cleaning tips, check out the 'Handy Kitchen Cleaning Tips'
E-book; click here for details:
Get Monica's FREE e-zine for homemakers! Each issue includes a home &
garden article, delicious recipes and more! To subscribe, just send a blank