10 Spring Decorating Ideas To Bring Your Home Back to Life
Not all home decorating ideas require a heavy investment of time and money. If
you're looking for a few affordable home interior decorating ideas to freshen up
a room, try these ten:
1. Paint A Wall - Paint one wall your favorite color and make it the focal
point. Hang interesting art on that wall and move a nice piece of furniture
there. (Note: Make sure that the color is one that is shared with several other
objects and fabrics in the room.)
2. Bring In Plants - Greenery always adds a breath of fresh air to a room. If
you don't have a green thumb, try silk plants and trees. The quality has gotten
so good that its hard to distinguish them from the real thing.
3. Rearrange The Furniture - Pull your furniture away from the walls. Try
positioning it at intriguing angles. For example, a sofa arranged diagonally
across a narrow living room will make the room look wider.
4. Lay An Area Rug - An area rug is a wonderful way of defining a conversation
area. Try one that complements the room. Lay it at an angle beneath your coffee
5. Hang Pictures or Mirror - Hang pictures that reflect your personality. Try
frames that are more ornate. When hanging a mirror, try and position it so that
it reflects and nice view or an interesting architectural element.
6.Group Figurines- Pull out your favorite collectibles. Show off your
personality. Find a display area and group related objects together, in sets of
three or five. Try and vary the shapes.
7. Replace Lamps- Lamps are probably the one thing in your home that will give
others a clue that your room is outdated. Seek out new and fresh lamps that make
8. Add A Throw Or Afghan- Similar to decorative pillows, throws and afghans add
texture to your furniture. They come in all kinds of natural and man made
fabrics. Find a pattern and style that you like.
9. Add Decorative Pillows- The good news about decorative pillows is that they
are an easy way to add textures and patterns to a room. Still better, they can
be changed to jazz up a sofa or chair before your room is ready for a major
10. Eliminate Clutter- Clutter has a way of eliminating the desired mood
and effect of any room. So, do some Spring cleaning. Find storage spaces for
papers, toys, and other items that take from the personality of a room.