Nine Tips For Decorating Your Master Bedroom
By Lee Dobbins
It is important to remember when decorating a master bedroom that you create a space for you and your partner which is inviting and uncluttered. Below are a number of steps which you may wish to follow which will help you to achieve the perfect balance in your master bedroom.
1. Furniture. It is important that you make a decision on what kind of furniture your need for your room and then measure the room prior to making any purchases.
2. When buying dressers and chest of drawers for items that will sufficiently hold your clothing, lingerie, jewelry and bedroom linen. You can also use the tops of these for holding a TV or stereo if you have one in your bedroom.
3. If you have enough space consider purchasing an armoire (large upright chest with 2 or 4 doors) if you require tall storage space but not enough room to include a wardrobe in your design. A lot of the armoires now available come with a rod inside on which to hang your clothes as well as pull out tray on which a television, stereo or computer can be stood.
4. When looking for a nightstand select one that you can easily reach from your bed and has at least one draw in it to hold any belongings that you do no want continually on show.
5. Also consider purchasing a mirror as this will create the illusion of space in your room. However if you are purchasing one that will be stood on your dresser then measure the dresser width so that they match.
6. Buy a duvet or comforter cover for your bed so it feels cozy when you get in at night to sleep and select matching sheets and pillowcases to add that final finishing touch.
7. If you want to really add a nice finish touch to your master bedroom and great a little feel of luxury then include some decorative pillows as well.
8. The lighting in your master bedroom should be warm and inviting, however it should be bright enough so that you can read but soft enough that you feel comfortable and relaxed in your room.
9. Finally why not paint the walls to give them a fresh new look and why not go for colours that will match in with the overall design of your room. However, do not go for harsh colours as they will only make the room feel cold and uninviting when you step into.
Hopefully decorating a master bedroom will be much easier for you now by following some of the tips which are provided above.
About the Author: Lee Dobbins writes for Bedroom Decorating where you can find more tips on decorating your master bedroom.