Warm Up Your Fall
Quick Tips for Autumn Decor
By Colleen Langenfeld
Enjoying these crisp nights and bright days of autumn? Bring
that beauty into your home with these quick and easy decor ideas.
- Add or change the wreath on your front door to feature warm,
earthy tones and textures.
- Hang a flower bucket instead of a wreath and fill with sturdy
pinecones and colorful ears of corn.
- Swap out the summer candles and potpourri jars in your home
with fall scents.
- Whip up an easy autumn centerpiece in a portable container
that you can move from place to place in your home to add warmth wherever you
- Need an idea for that easy autumn centerpiece mentioned above?
Clear-spray inexpensive gourds and small pumpkins and toss casually into a
cloth-lined wrought-iron container. Or use a beautiful bowl. Or a much-loved
wicker basket. You get the idea.
- Move the shepherd's crook from your garden to near your front
door. Hang a decorative fall sign you purchase from your local discount or craft
- Replace the rug at your front door with one that reflects the
incredible fall colors found in nature.
- Invest in one decorative tray for each season or a tray you
can embellish. A 'leaf' tray will look beautiful on your table right up to the
- Change the appearance easily of baskets you use around your
home by adding seasonal ribbons and bows.
- If you use decorative throw pillows, you can increase their
value by using seasonal pillow covers to change looks fast throughout the year
without needing to store excess bulky pillows.
- Consider a new windchime or windsock for your front patio.
Choose from a neutral or fall theme.
You can do it! Brighten up your home with touches of the season.
A small amount of time invested now can bring months of pleasant echoes
throughout your family's home!
Langenfeld delivers deals, tips and creative resources to working moms who
want the most out of their homes, families and careers at
. Sign up for our fr*ee newsletter and get an online Creativity Toolkit as
our gift to you!