Buying a Gift For a Scrapbooker
By Wendy Kennedy
A scrapbooker is easy to buy for! They can never have enough
cardstock, patterned paper, stickers, embellishments, idea books. You don`t even
know what that is? There are lots of scrapbook shops on and off line with staff
that will help you put together a gift that WILL be appreciated.
- Cardstock: plain heavy weight paper in an unbelievable number
of colors. The easiest is to pick up a package with a variety of colors. 12 x 12
is the most commonly used size.
- Patterned Paper: there's an unbelievable selection of fancy
papers - pick a few individuals or a package. Vellum is also popular - it's a
translucent paper - either plain or patterned.
- Stickers: think about the person's life (babies, small
children, geographic location, gardener, rural, etc) and pick a variety of
stickers that relate to their life. The choice is endless.
- Cutouts & Punchouts: Cardstock with pictures on it to cut or
punch out. Less expensive than stickers, not as large a selection but lots of
- Embellishments: fibers, shimmering sand, eyelets, brads, wire,
ribbon - every day people are coming up with new ideas for embellishments we can
add to our layouts (scrapbook pages!) There are some great embellishment kits
that contain a variety of these items in a theme: Christmas, fall, beach, etc.
- A Do-It-Yourself Calendar: these are blank calendars that
artists, scrapbookers, crafters, or children can decorate. It's a fun project
and something they can use all year.
- Markers & Pens: Glittery, shimmery, black - they are all
- Adhesives: a scrapbooker can never have too much adhesive! It
gets used so quickly. Some popular ones are glue dots, foam squares, and
- Albums: Of course they need albums to fill with beautifully
decorated pages. There's albums for every taste from plain to very elaborate
(and of course more money!)
- Idea Books: Choose from basic how to's, layout idea books,
lettering idea books, books that list expressions to use in layouts and cards,
or a subscription to a Scrapbooking magazine. -
There's also mugs, T-shirts, Italian Charms, and more about
scrapbookers and scrapbooking.
If shopping for scrapbooking supplies sounds too
complicated why not buy a gift certificate to a scrapbook supply shop.
Your scrapbooker will have fun picking out a gift. You have no excuse,
if the person you're buying for is a scrapbooker they're easy to buy