Buying a Gift For Someone Who Has Everything
By Wendy Kennedy
Is there someone on your list who seems to have everything? When
they want something they just go buy it? The best thing to give someone like
that is consumables - something they will use up.
Food is a great option. There's lots of delicious gourmet food
available. Put a package together in a basket or a gift box. There are great
gift boxes available from artists like Thomas Kinkade and Debbie Mumm that are a
gift themselves - they can be used for storage or decoration. Some are nested
and you can stack 3 or 4 and tie them with a ribbon - easy wrapping!
Food Gift Ideas
- Coffee, cookies, a coffee or cappuccino scented candle, a mug.
- Hot Drinks: coffee, tea, cider, hot chocolate and a chocolate
- Christmas treats: Eggnog mix, Candy Cane hot chocolate,
candies, Christmas Tree pasta, & Christmas Tea.
- Maple: Maple syrup, maple candies, maple walnut fudge, maple
coffee & tea, maple bagel spread, and maybe a Maple Syrup cookbook.
- Bar Mixes: Pina Colada, Strawberry Daiquiri, Caesar, Hot
Buttered Rum, Sangria mixes & rim trims.
- Herbs: A variety of herbs, spices & peppercorns. Maybe add a
- Pasta: Fancy pastas (moose, Maple Leaf, or Christmas Tree)
with pasta seasoning mixes.
- Popcorn: Colored popcorn, microwave popping cobs (the popcorn
pops right off the cob!), and popcorn seasonings. Pack this in a popcorn serving
- Apple: Apple cider, mulling spice, & apple tea.
Non-food Gift Ideas
- Handmade Soaps: a variety of fruit scented glycerin soaps,
Christmas soaps, goat's milk soaps - there's a huge variety of wonderful
handmade soaps available.
- Bath Treats: bath salts, bath milk, bath steamers (like a tea
bag for your bath!), bath gems (fizzle, dissolve & leave delightful scents!),
lotions, and soaps.
- Foot Care: Foot Soap, Foot Soak, Pumice Stone and Foot Butter.
- Aromatherapy: aromatherapy soaps, candles, essential oils, and
essential oil mists.
- Potpourri and potpourri refresher oils.
- A variety of votive or tealight candles in a scent theme:
Christmas, fruit, desserts, or flowers.
- A candle pan with potpourri, a candle & a candle wick dipper
(for putting the candle out with no smoke).
- For a scrapbooker: papers, stickers & other supplies.
- For a rubber stamper: stamps & stamp pads.
- An Italian Charm Bracelet: and then you can give them charms
for every occasion.
- A 2004 calendar with pictures of something they're interested
in. There's also desk calendars, engagements calendars and purse calendars.
- Notepads: there's cubes, magnetic, and self-sticking in a huge
variety of patterns.
The most important thing to do is think about the person; their
tastes and habits. Pick something they use often and your gift will be