Winter Skin Care Tips
By Jill Black
At this time of year your skin needs some extra TLC and protection to
deal with the seasonal change to winter with it's cold, dry air and
indoor heating that robs the skin of essential moisture that can lead to
dry, itchy and cracked skin.
Use these tips to keep your skin glowing all winter long:
1. To ensure your skin maintains adequate moisture during the dry winter
months regularly apply a rich cream or lotion several times daily to
seal in moisture and replenish rough, cracked or scaly skin.
2. Protect skin against fine lines and discoloration before they occur
by wearing sunscreen at all times when outside with a minimum SPF of 15
to block damaging UVA/UVB rays.
3. Hands are particularly susceptible to harsh winter conditions and
should be treated with extra care. Apply a rich hand cream to prevent
dried, scaly and itchy skin.
4. Apply a lip balm during the day to keep lips soft.
5. Keep up your water intake to combat the effects between harsh outdoor
temperatures and indoor heat.
6. Snow and ice reflect winter sunlight doubling the damaging effect of
the rays. Apply a sunscreen of between SPF 15 and SPF 25 when skiing or
participating in outdoor sports this winter.
7. Avoid the flu this winter. Most cold and flu viruses are spread by
direct skin contact so it's important to wash hands thoroughly several
times a day. Use soap and water or an antibacterial gel to ward off
germs and bacteria prevalent at this time of year.
Contributed by Netwrite publish. For more ideas for home, garden and
everyday living visit