9 Steps To Cleaner And
By David Maillie
According to Bestskinpeel, for cleaner, healthier and easier to manage skin
just follow this list of nine items:
1) Lower your stress level through prayer and meditation. Stress creates
hormones that actually age us as they destroy cells and create toxic biproducts
and free radicals. Studies have shown that prayer and meditation can reduce our
stress levels. Prayer and meditation have been proven to even alleviate some of
the symptoms of cancer and other life threatening diseases.
2) Drink plenty of water. It is a fact that 90% of us do not drink enough
water. For your skin cells to function properly and heal properly from cuts,
etc... we need to drink 8-12 glasses of water every day. Our skin is one of our
most important organs as it protects us from disease, cushions our falls, etc...
It needs plenty of water.
3) Get proper sleep. Not getting the proper 8-10 hours of sleep per day
will first show in your skin. Broken capillaries, puffiness, circles under the
4) Eat well. Get proper nutrition. Too many junk foods can cause or
worsen skin problems like pimples and acne. A well balanced meal 3 times per day
has been proven to help alleviate spikes in skin problems and help to average
out the outbreaks in acne vulgaris.
5) Take vitamins to supplement your skin and body. We can't always make
sure we get 100% of each vitamin and mineral with the foods we eat, but we can
take a multivitamin once a day. They are cheap at Walmart and there is no
excuse. People that take multivitamins once a day live longer. Its a proven fact
just like persons that smoke take years off their lives.
6) Properly clean your skin. Harsh soaps can dry out your skin and even
stimulate further sebum (oil) production which can worsen acne. Use a mild
cleanser with 2% salicylic acid. This has been proven very effective in ridding
excess oils while maintaining proper hydration and pH. The slight acidity will
keep bacteria at bay.
7) Don't smoke. Smoking puts years on you. Literally, smoking can add 10
years to the aged look of your skin. Why would you want to do that? If you must
have nicotine then get nicotine gum or the patch - they will cure your cravings
and there is no evidence or statistics of anyone developing cancer, lung
disease, etc... from these.
8) Wear sunscreen. The skin does have keratonin to protect against the
suns rays, but it is no match for UV rays, etc... that we expose ourselves to.
Melanoma has several forms and all are deadly. If you don't think you will get
skin cancer or think you are invulnerable, just go to your local dermatologist
and ask to see pictures of clients with skin cancer, better yet go to the
oncology center at your local hospital. You won't think that way ever again.
9) Treat yourself to a spa treatment at least once a year. Skin peels, TCA peels, deep tissue massage, complete relaxation, aromatherapy, etc... will
all energize and heal your skin. TCA peels will actual improve your skins
ability to regenerate itself and improve collagen levels.
Remember, follow these nine steps to enjoy healthier skin.
David Maillie is a chemist with over 12 years experience in biochemical research
and clynical analysis. He is an alumni of Cornell University and specializes in
biochemical synthesis for public, private, and governmental interests. He has
received numerous patents and awards for his research. He can be reached at M.D.