Decorating Your Home With
By Paul Graham
Putting mirrors in your house can do wonders, especially if you have limited
space, or you just want to decorate your home. Why mirrors? Because mirrors
enhance light and reflection, they could help improve what your house looks
like. Mirrors can also simulate depth for houses with small rooms.
I. Top 10 Mirror Tips
10. Put large-sized mirrors in your house. You could, for instance, use
mirrors that could span from the floor to the ceiling. You could put these
mirrors on both sides of your fireplace. This would make your fireplace room
larger and would reflect objects around the room.
9. You might want to have peer mirrors in the windows. Rooms with peer
mirrors could have an added depth.
8. You could also install mirrors to cover wall blemishes. This would also
save you refinishing costs. Instead of spending fortunes on repainting and
refurnishing that part of the wall that got burned by candle or have dirt that
cannot be removed, why not put a nice mirror there to hide the wall’s scar?
7. There are also movable mirrors that you could use. You could move the
mirrors from time to time to have a different view of the house. In that way,
you could have a new look in your house from time to time, depending on what
location and items the mirrors are reflecting on.
6. You could also use small mirrors which could reflect on interesting
objects. An area with aromatic candles could be given extra prominence if
reflected on a mirror.
5. You could also have mirrored screens for you to illuminate a dark corner.
You do not have to put bulbs or lights in every part of your house, thanks to
mirrors. This would save you electricity costs.
4. There are also place mats that are mirrored. Dishes and accessories made
of glass shimmer better than non-glass ones. Shop around for these utensils.
3. Ceilings could also be enhanced with mirrors. Mirrors on the ceiling
create a “skylight” effect.
2. Kitchen backsplash could also be mirrored.
1. Room ceilings are not the only ceilings where you could put some mirrors
on. Even pantry or cabinet ceilings could also be placed with mirrors. Putting
mirrors on these ceilings would enable you to see the contents of the upper
II. Mirror Essentials
- You could also have basement windows that could reflect things happening
in the ground level. It could also reflect what is happening in your yard above.
- Putting big mirrors in rooms, especially which have limited spaces, can
provide bright and spacious feel. Putting some little plants or shrubs in places
where mirrors could reflect on them. Putting some greenery will give the room an
uplifting and relaxing ambiance.
- Mirrors can also put personality into one’s room. The mirrors, for
example, in the master’s bedroom could be more formal; while mirrors in the
children’s bedroom can be decorative and fun to look at.
- You could also put a large-sized decorative mirror on a wall with your
picture adjacent on it. The mirror would reflect on the large picture, and the
wall’s additional darker color would immediately give the room its much-needed
depth. This would make the room to be viewed wider.
- Decorative mirrors could not just help enhance your rooms for its
decoration purposes. But these distinctive mirrors could also show your
personality, putting your personal lifestyle and taste into your room. In
addition they also give the illusion of width, length, and height. Decorative
mirrors could be combined with wall pictures, with contrasting colors.
- While it is also good to use frame mirrors over a sideboard or mantle
since that is the traditional kind of mirror, you might want to consider other
creative approaches such as putting large-scale mirrors on a floor leaning
against the wall.
- Another beautiful way adding shimmer to an otherwise plain and ordinary
table is by putting mirrored table toppers.
- You could ask a professional glass worker to make you some furniture using
mirrors as embellishments.
For more great mirrors related articles and resources
check out http://mirrors.homemanner.com