Placement Of Beds From The Perspective Of Feng Shui
By Eric Bledsoe
Feng Shui is the Chinese art of design and placement, which literally translates to "wind - water". In general, it is a decoration principle that helps your energy flow in the right places and enhances your life, wealth and happiness. The bedroom plays an important part in the study of Feng Shui.
The bedroom is a place where you spend a significant portion of your life. The most important piece of furniture in any bedroom is, of course, the bed. For this reason, the placement of the bed is vital to achieve good Feng Shui. The effects of Feng Shui bed are quick and powerful. Very often, the Feng Shui bed impact can directly or indirectly affect our health, our achievement and our marriage. Below are some of valuable bed Feng Shui principles you have to keep in mind.
- Do not place your bed on the ground without bed foots. Or else, this could have negative consequences for your heart and you will find yourself being lazy and dwelling on a negative thought. The next important element is to clear your clutter under your bed. Clutter can affect ventilation and increase dampness that will cause nostalgia. Also, you should place the headboard against a solid wall that has no doors or windows along it. Remember, if next to a window, it is useless to hang window coverings to block the rush of chi at night.
- The nightstands should stand higher than the bed. It is thought to be beneficial in improving the quality of sleep. For the bedroom suite, make sure to close the toilet door from time to time. Otherwise, having the door open while sleeping causes loss of money and bad luck.
- It is a big bedroom taboo to place your bed with the head next to a door. Also, do not place your bed facing directly to the door. Or you cannot feel over your space and can be easily startled by the opening of your bedroom door. If next to a door, hang a covering to ensure that the bed is not opposite to a door.
- Be careful with mirrors. Mirrors add a feeling of extra people in the bedroom and you will be scared by the image in the mirror when you wake up at night, resulting in dizzy mind. In addition, mirror is an object with strong reflective surface that drains away all your good luck and energy. It is a good idea to cover the mirror in the evening or inlaid the inner wardrobe with mirror door.
- Place your bed with the head against a solid wall. Never against the toilet wall or the kitchen wall, this may result in development of schizophrenia.
- Do not place your bed under a beam or a hanging chandelier. If it happens, you can move your bed or hang a mascot to keep bad luck away.
- Avoid beddings with triangle or arrow patterns, especially the bed sheet and pillow. This is because these patterns belong to "Fire". The strong yang energy will disturb the serene bedroom environment. Make sure that both sides of the pillow is not opposite sharp things, such as counter corner or plants with sharp and long pointed leaves.
About the Author: Eric is a Feng Shui student. He likes to find out relationship between family Feng Shui and modern technology. He is also a mattress expert and create website about memory foam mattress and back pain relievers. He is also the co-founder of a gender selection website.