15 Famous Love Quotes To Warm You Up For Fall
By Noel Jameson
With cold weather right around the corner, I thought you might appreciate some famous love quotes to keep you warm in the months ahead. Here are 15 love quotes that are perfect for cuddling near a fire or reading over a cup of hot cocoa.
1. "Better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all." ~ St. Augustine
2. "Spread love everywhere you go: first of all in your own house. Give love to your children, to your wife or husband, to a next door neighbor... Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting." ~ Mother Theresa
3. "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies." ~ Aristotle
4. "Where there is love there is life." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
5. "A loving heart is the truest wisdom." ~ Charles Dickens
6. "There is no disguise that can long conceal where love exists, or simulate it where it doesn't." ~ Francois, Duc de La Rochefoucauld
7. "When the one man loves the one woman and the one woman loves the one man, the very angels leave heaven and come and sit in that house and sing for joy." ~ Brahma
8. "If you love someone, tell them. For hearts are often broken by words left unspoken." ~ Stephanie Roogle
9. "My bounty is as boundless as the sea, My love as deep; the more I give to thee the more I have, for both are infinite." ~ Shakespeare
10. "Real love is a pilgrimage. It happens when there is no strategy, but it is very rare because most people are strategists." ~ Anita Brookner
11. You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have really lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love. ~ Henry Drummond
12. "The Eskimos had fifty-two names for snow because it was important to them: there ought to be as many for love." ~ Margaret Atwood
13. "A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears." ~ Thomas Carlyle
14. "Come, let us take our fill of love until the morning: let us solace ourselves with loves." ~ Proverbs
15. "How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height. My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight. For the ends of Being and ideal Grace." ~ Elizabeth Barrett Browning
There you have it -- 15 famous love quotes to warm your toes by. But don't keep them to yourself! The best way to warm yourself with famous love quotes is to share them with someone you love.
For more love quotes, check out the popular love quotes section at Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.