Eight Reasons Why Menu
Planning Is A Terrible Idea
By Christine Steendahl
Have you heard about meal planning lately? Families are busy and
getting busier all the time. As families work on getting organized, many home
managers are turning to meal planning as a way to eliminate the evening stress
in their homes.
However, meal planning is not for everyone. Here are eight reasons why meal
planning just may be a terrible idea for you and your family.
1. You enjoy eating unhealthy fast-food three to five times per week.
2. You love the taste of pre-packaged preservative packed frozen convenience
3. Spending $200 and 2 hours at the grocery store, only to come home to
discover that there is nothing to cook for dinner is one of your favorite things
4. You enjoy the stress of running around like crazy at dinner time trying
to figure out what to cook while your children and husband are hungry and
5. You like your food rut of spaghetti, hot dogs, pizza, repeat.
6. You have no other way to spend the extra $100 you spend each week eating
7. You have nothing better to do at 5 o’clock every day then to go to the
grocery store. It’s enjoyable to daily spend extra money on groceries as
additional items “fall” into your cart.
8. You have no desire to enjoy a home cooked meal around the dinner table
with your family. You feel spending time with your family is a complete waste of
If you agree with the above statements please do not ever try meal planning
– it is probably a terrible idea. On the other hand, if you possibly disagree
with at least one of the above statements perhaps it is time to give menu
planning a try!
If you would like a weekly menu plan delivered directly to your e-mail box
we’d be happy to help.
Christine Steendahl Is The Founder Of Dine Without Whine – A Family Friendly
Weekly Menu Planner. She Helps Families Eliminate The Dinner Hour Stress And
Re-Discover The Pleasure Of The Dinner Hour! For A Free Sample Menu Visit