Are You Bored?
by Colleen Langenfeld
Is every day the same old routine?
Are you tired of the daily grind?
Perk yourself up with these quick and easy tips!
- Pick up the phone and call an old friend.
- Get out some old music and dance!
- Working too hard? Schedule some regular play
time...then do it!
- Try a new hair color!
- Take your honey on a surprise date.
- Don't cook for one week. Plan take-out, cook
ahead, or hire your kids (it's only one week!).
- Pick a favorite poem, Bible verse, or song and
commit it to memory.
- Pay someone a compliment every day.
- Give yourself a little mad money and the time
to enjoy it.
- Pray for someone daily.
- Make a list of 10 silly things and then do one
a day for 10 days.
- Shake things up a bit...try a new drink, wear
your hair different, take a new route home tonight.
- Do something nice for yourself each week.
- Do something nice for your spouse each week.
- Rearrange some furniture.
- Feel in a rut at work? Dust off your resume' and
check out your options. Can't hurt to just look.
- Start a new hobby.
- Make a list of 10 things you wish you could do
and then make a realistic plan for achieving at
least one of them. Start on your plan today.
- Read a new book.
- Get a pet.
- Do a picture puzzle.
Feeling energized yet? It really doesn't take much
action to break out of the boredom cycle, but you
must DO something! Start a new habit of regular
action and watch boredom disappear from your life!
Colleen Langenfeld has been mothering for over 25 years and offers free
stress busters at