The Best-Kept Food Secrets for
Beautiful Skin Revealed
By John Russell
Many women desire to be as beautiful as the models they see on television or fashion magazines. This has caused an upward spiral in the sales of skin creams, serums, lotions, soaps, and other skin care items. Unfortunately, what most women don't know is buying the entire plethora of these products will not guarantee beautiful skin. It's eating right and treating the skin from within that does the trick.
The best-kept food secrets for beautiful skin are those that work best in making your skin radiate with a healthy glow. These food secrets are also not hard to find. In fact, you can get them at the nearest grocery store.
1. Eggs: Eggs are an excellent source of protein, which triggers an increase in the natural production of collagen. Collagen, which is found in various amounts inside the human body, is a connective tissue that keeps the skin firm and supple.
2. Green Tea: Japanese women keep their skin hydrated by drinking 10-12 cups of green tea everyday. Green tea is important for healthy, youthful skin because it contains several antioxidants as well as catechins to fight free radicals and counter the effects of aging.
3. Sweet Potatoes: One of the most unknown food secrets for beautiful skin, yet one of the most effective, sweet potatoes are the best source of beta-carotene, which is converted by the body into retinol. A form of Vitamin A, retinol is much like collagen, which is essential in keeping the skin smooth and firm.
4. Berries: Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, cranberries, and Acai berries are among those dubbed as super foods because they have high antioxidant content. Eating at least half a cup of berries everyday will keep your skin cells healthy and damage-free because they are protected by the antioxidants found in the berries.
5. Walnuts: Walnuts, aside from fatty fish, are a healthy source of Omega-3 fatty acids and Vitamin E. Omega-3 is an all-around nutrient that can prevent high-cholesterol, heart diseases, arthritis, psoriasis, rosacea, and eczema. Vitamin E is also an important nutrient as it protects the skin from free radicals that damage the cells and strengthens the skin cell membranes for a firmer, smoother skin.
6. Pomegranate: This reddish, tropical Asian fruit is rich in Vitamin C, which helps greatly in providing strong, supple, and clear skin. A single pomegranate also contains a good supply of ellagic acid and punic alagin, which fight free radicals, increasing collagen production.
7. Dark Chocolate: When shopping for dark chocolate, be careful to look for the kind which contains at least 60% cocoa and little or no sugar because natural food products are always the best for your skin. Avoid sugary chocolate as sugar produces more harm than help. Cocoa is very rich in antioxidants that regulate blood flow to the skin, resulting in better hydration, protection from free radical damage, and prevention of wrinkles.
Spread the word regarding these food secrets for beautiful skin. They shouldn't be kept well-hidden in the beauty manuals of those who enjoy clear and beautiful skin, but should be enjoyed and taken advantage of by everybody.
John Russell of IH Distribution, LLC brings you health, anti-aging and skin care products from around the world. Find fabulous skin care tips and great articles on a wide range of topics for women at our Skin Care Blog and http://www.hormones-beauty-health.com. In addition to skin care, they are also a great source for As Seen On TV Products. Don't forget to check out their newly re-launched newsletter - filled with information you won't find anywhere else.